Last modified: May, 2019
- Information You Provide to Us
You do not have to provide personally-identifiable information to access or use the Website. However, to take full advantage of the Website, you may choose to furnish personally-identifiable information through the Website. For example, contact me through the Website “Contact us” form, or subscribe to receive newsletters and updates, you will be asked to provide your contact information (such as name, email address, and phone number). We will only collect such information through the Website when you provide it to us voluntarily.
- Automatically Collected Information: Website Use
Our Website may utilize technologies including “cookies,” pixel tags, and web server logs to collect information about how our Website is used, which may include date and time of visits, the pages viewed and time spent at our Website, your IP address, and the other websites visited just before and just after our Website. Cookies are text files placed on your hard disk by our web server to store your preferences. Cookies, by themselves, do not tell us your email address or other personally-identifiable information unless you choose to provide this information to us. However, once you choose to provide the personal information, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but, if you prefer, you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. For more information on cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information provided at www.allaboutcookies.org.
We also may collect certain non-personally identifiable information (i.e. generic information that does not identify you personally) when you visit any of the web pages on our Website, such as the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using, and the domain name of your Internet service provider.
- How Do We Use the Personally-identifiable Information We Collect?
We may use the personally-identifiable information you provide on the Website for the purpose(s) for which you have provided such information, which may include:
- Process Your Requests. We may use your personally-identifiable information to process a request, such as to subscribe to our communications or request a pre-order.
- Responding to Your Inquiries. We may use your personal information to respond to your inquiries and communications submitted through the “Contact” page.
- Communicating with You About Joshua and His Activities, Writings, Programs, and Events. We may use your personally-identifiable information to send you information about Joshua’s activities, writings, speaking engagements, new events, partnerships, or other on-goings that may be of interest to you.
- Sending Administrative Emails. From time to time, we may use your personally identifiable information to send you administrative emails regarding our Website or changes to this Policy, etc.
- For internal organizational, analytical, and planning purposes to improve the Website and our ability to provide you its content.
- Any other purpose for which you provide such information and any other purpose with your consent.
- Any other purpose permitted by law.
We may use your personally-identifiable information, alone or in combination with your IP address and other automatically-collected information, for purposes of protecting the security and proper functioning of the Website, fraud detection and prevention, and similar purposes.
If you choose to correspond with us through email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses.
Except as with any affiliated companies and organizations and service-providers for the purpose of providing you the Website and its offering, we will not share, sell or trade your personal information without your consent, unless required by law. If we do share your personal information with a non-affiliated entity or organization, to the extent practical, we request that they protect such information in a manner that is consistent with this Policy. Such third-party companies and their websites are not under our control, however, so we cannot guarantee how these non-affiliated companies will use your personal information
- Use and Disclosure of Automatically Collected Website Use Information
We sometimes use the non-personally-identifiable information that we collect to improve the design and content of our Website and to enable us to personalize your Internet experience. We also may use this information in the aggregate to analyze how our Website is used, as well as to offer you information about our programs, events, or services. Sometimes we share aggregate information with others, including affiliated entities or organizations. We use your IP address, and the IP addresses of all users, to calculate usage levels on the Website, to help diagnose problems with the Website servers, and to generally administer the Website. Your IP address is or may be used to help identify you, to track activity within our Website and to gather broad demographic information. As noted above, we (or our third-party service providers) may use your IP address and other automatically-collected information, alone or in combination with personally-identifiable information that you provide to us, to detect improper use of the Website and to take appropriate steps to address such actions.
- Children’s Privacy
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18 years of age.
- Do Not Track Disclosure
Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to websites with which the browser communicates. Our Website does not currently respond to these “do-not-track” signals.
- Changes to this Policy
Because our Website content and offerings may change over time, we reserve the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions from this Policy at any time. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you by means of a conspicuous notice on our homepage or direct communication to you via email, if possible. Your continued use of the Website following the posting of any changes to this Policy means you accept such changes.
- Data Security
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personally-identifiable information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to or through the Website or stored information collected through your use of the Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
- Choice/Opt-Out and Managing Preferences
You can opt-out of receiving e-mail communications from us (other than certain administrative emails) by following the opt-out instructions contained in such e-mails or you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to change your preferences. Please be aware that we will process your request as quickly as we reasonably can, but it may not be possible to update our systems immediately. In addition, you should be aware that it is not always possible to completely remove or delete all of your information from our databases without some residual data because of backups and other reasons.
- Individuals Located in California: Your Choices
If you are a California resident, you have the right to request information regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of your personal information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. California law provides that you have the right to submit a request at the designated address and receive the following information:
- The categories of information that are disclosed to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year;
- The names and addresses of third parties that received such information, or if the nature of their business cannot be determined from the name, then examples of the products or services marketed.
You are entitled to receive a copy of this information in a standardized format and the information will not be specific you individually. You may make such a request by emailing email@example.com
- Individuals Located in the European Union: Your Choices
If you are a resident of the European Union or provide personal information through this Website while located in the European Union, we offer you certain choices in connection with the personal information we collect from you on this Website.
- Users in the European Union may have the choice:
- to be provided with a copy of your personal data held by us;
- to request the rectification or erasure of your personal data held by us;
- to request that we cease processing your data;
- to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data (while we verify or investigate your concerns with this information, for example);
- to request that your data be transferred to you or a third party.
To update your preferences and consents, ask us to remove your information from our mailing lists or submit a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- How to Contact Us
We welcome your questions, comments and or concerns about this Policy or about the Website. To contact us, please e-mail us at email@example.com